Sunday, December 18, 2022

Last few hunts and fishing

 Last few months have been.... busy. Started off with deer. Went to do some fishing, an elk hunt, another deer hunt, and ended with something unique.

Started out with taking some buddies of mine fishing. We had a blast. I have never had such a great meal in my life (thanks Juan) and although the river was basically a cow pasture with weeds some fish were caught!


The boat ran great!





Nick got the biggest, but I think Juan got the most.


Next was a new purchase, where I had the big guy watching over me at all times 





I took that beast Elk hunting, though I did not hunt I was there to help. Our group was able to get a few shots off this year, but no one was able to close the deal. But that's how hunting is.




Next on the list was a couple more Deer hunts. I had a buddy come up that just got into hunting and he was able to down his first big game animal. You can't really call Deer hunting up here "hunting" since it is basically walking down the driveway and killing a deer, but I am glad for that because it is a some what controlled environment. 


Right before he was able to kill that Doe we saw a handsome man.


Sucks I couldn't shoot him because I had already filled my buck tag with this little fella, but I really don't care because I got meat, which is what I was after due to what was happening later in the season.


Again, and I must stress, it's not hunting up here. Dad came up to knock down his Deer of the year and it only took a quick phone call to do so.


Finally, one of our awesome neighbors that allows us access nailed a beauty buck. I am not adding his pictures because he values his privacy so the pics you see of me, are of HIS BUCK!







Next post is something unique

No comments:

Post a Comment