Sunday, October 9, 2022

The season is finally here!

 Well the season finally started. I was able to get a jump on it by getting a small doe, I have been out of deer meat for some time now so this thing was great to get.



I was able to run the river for a couple of days with some friends as well. They said they had a blast and the boat did great!




As you can tell above, we had a blast!





We were able to get everyone on fish, except me as I was rowing.





To finish this off, I went Antelope hunting as well. I froze to death!! I was in no way prepared for the temp drop!


That temp drop got me very impatient, so I shot the first legal buck I saw. No more then 4 minutes after I shot this little guy a brute buck walked by. Oh well, I am happy with the little guy. Got 50 something pounds off of him and to the butcher. That number came as a surprise because i did not think I could get that much off of the little fella!


I ended the week by checking out a new area I might Elk hunt next year


Speaking of Elk, I will be out this coming weekend for my Sand Dunes Elk hunt. Not too terribly keen on getting one since I have something lined up in the middle of December that would fill the freezer for a year. More to come on that later.










No comments:

Post a Comment